LAC Federal seeks a dynamic and experienced Library Project Manager for a long-term contract with a prestigious federal government agency’s library, located in Washington, D.C. This position will oversee all contract personnel in the library and provide technical and reference assistance services to the agency. These services are integral to providing agency staff, grantees, program contractors, other agencies, and the public with access to information resources. This individual will work onsite be responsible for scheduling, ensuring overall quality control of work, and delivering timely services performed by library employees. This is full-time, 40 hour per week, fully benefited position and is an excellent opportunity for an information professional with strong leadership abilities.
The mission of the library team falls in 2 main areas: Technical Services and Reference/Information Services. The Technical Services function team’s mission is to identify, select, acquire, and provide bibliographic and subject access to education publications. Technical Services maintains the integrated library system (ILS), catalogs and processes materials, conducts interlibrary loan (ILL) operations, acquires and withdraws library materials, and maintains government documents and other print and audiovisual resources. Technical Services is responsible for acquisitions management and at the direction of the government, place orders for selected library resources and office supplies from specified vendors.
The Reference and Information Services functional team offers reference assistance to patrons, answering questions about education statistics and other education-related issues. Reference and Information Services provides ready reference, research and information discovery, guides collection development and maintenance, facilitates use of government documents, conducts proactive customized information service and instruction, and maintains electronic resources, the web sites and portal management.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an institution accredited by the American Library Association;
- Demonstrate at least 5 years of effective project management responsibility;
- Extensive experience as a project manager/supervisor in a research library;
- A background in education resources or academic experience is desired;
- Prior experience managing a large team of people, preferably 10+;
- Demonstrate a broad cross-section of library science expertise and have a proven record of success in applying skills and expertise in a major library setting, particularly within the federal government;
- Ability to recommend items for withdrawal, or new library resources to update the collection or fill knowledge gaps within the collection as needed;
- Experience in the use of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Ability to work in a team environment with federal staff, contractors as well as independently;
- Staying abreast of current developments in library services and information technology;
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/JtrnWz