At BCPL, staff members have the opportunity to enrich individual lives and build strong communities by delivering exceptional customer experiences, establishing meaningful partnerships, and creating innovative learning spaces. We seek enthusiastic, open-minded, self-motivated individuals who can work well independently and with others. BCPL circulates over 11 million items and provides library services through its 19 branches, 4 mobile library vehicles, and an extensive outreach network. If you are forward thinking and passionate about public service, consider joining BCPL in this position.
– Under the general direction of an Assistant Director, manages the day-to-day operations including circulation, information, programming, and outreach services.
– Serves as the branch leader in gaining commitment for BCPL’s strategic plan, implementing changes in library service, and communicating a shared vision for standout user experiences.
– Builds and maintains effective work relations with staff, customers, administration, and the community.
– Responsible for supervising, training, and evaluating the work performance of staff.
– Creates a work environment that fosters continuous improvement and values teamwork. – Demonstrates a commitment to guiding staff in their professional growth and supporting system-wide succession planning efforts.
– Seeks to make a distinctive and lasting impact on the community by engaging with customers and stakeholders to ensure that BCPL delivers on its mission.
– Engages in direct public service and develops and maintains a through understanding of BCPL rules and policies and ensures their appropriate application to customer service transactions.
– Uses management and technology skills to improve branch efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of services.
– Enforces library rules and policies and handles building and security issues.
– Monitors the use of library services and branch spaces and makes recommendations for changes and new services.
– Actively participates on system-wide teams and promotes the library in the community.
– MLS from an ALA accredited school and comprehensive knowledge of public library operations acquired through five years of progressively responsible work experience in a public library and three years of supervisory experience.
– A commitment to excellent customer service and the ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
– Experience using various technologies including Polaris, online databases, E-books, and Microsoft applications.
– Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrates flexibility, initiative and creativity.
– Ability to establish and maintain respectful relationships with customers, co-workers and community groups.
– Ability to stand at a public service desk for lengthy periods of time and the ability to bend, lift up to 25 lbs. and push/pull a wheeled cart weighing up to 100 lbs.
– Ability to handle multiple priorities and emergencies in a fast paced environment.
– Ability to travel throughout the system and work a variety of schedules that include evenings and weekends.
– Must pass a post offer criminal background screening.
Please Note: This position closes on December 17, 2018.
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes 4 weeks of vacation,sick and personal leave,subsidized health care options,
pension eligibility, and related benefits.
To apply, please visit:
Library Manager II-Parkville