The City of Newport News Department of Libraries and Information Services is seeking an
energetic, knowledgeable, team-oriented manager to oversee its Digital Services team.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Management and administration of the department’s information systems and related budget, to include hardware, software applications, automation systems, integrated library system, and emerging technologies.
- Researches, troubleshoots and resolves hardware/software problems related to the Library’s Integrated Management System and other department software applications, internet issues, document management, systems availability and performance.
- Develops custom applications in a variety of programming languages, and keeps current on technology trends related to library applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Sciences, Computer Science or a
- 3-5 years of Information Technology experience, including 1-2 years of
experience in a lead or supervisory capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Public library experience is preferred.
The anticipated hiring range salary is $53,608-$64,329.