The Library Intern will assist the Club Librarian with routine circulation and clerical work as well as special collection management projects including but not limited to: general circulation, reshelving and stacks management, inventory projects, catalog maintanence, processing new acquisitions, deaccessioning books and preparing for release.
- Assist with circulation of library materials (using InMagic Genie Plus)
- Sort and reshelve returned books
- Search for missing/misplaced books
- Assist with inventory projects
- Move books between main library and stacks location throughout Club property
- Edit catalog records
- Prepare new acquisitions for the shelf
- Prepare withdrawn books for release
- Process newspaper and periodicals
Additional Opportunities and Training:
- Locate and import MARC records (copy cataloging)
- Basic Original Cataloging
- General Reference Service
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change.
- Enrolled in a master’s degree program in library and information science at an ALA-accredited institution
- Basic computer skills
- Fine attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, professional decorum, and a positive attitude
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without reasonable accommodation to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Climb and balance on step ladders to reach higher shelves
- Push/pull fully loaded book trucks weighing up to 300 pounds