Hours: 37.5 hours a week; 8 to 4:30 Monday-Friday; occasional nights and weekends
The Library Director is responsible for the overall management of the Cecil College Library. The Director should be an experienced information resource expert with a successful track record of implementing new programs in collaboration with the academic community. Additionally, the position will be responsible for the administration of quality services using current library technologies.
1. Oversees physical inventories of the library print and non-print collections as needed.
2. Ensures efficient and effective use of the integrated library system, SirsiDynix, through technical support and problem solving.
3. Collaborates with faculty and library staff in investigating leading-edge technologies, testing new software, and recommending and implementing appropriate systems in support of library services.
4. Directs the development and implementation of library orientation programs and services.
5. Oversees the completion of service quality assessment of the library to ensure continuous improvement in library services.
6. Provides leadership in developing faculty outreach and liaison programs.
7. Functions as a resource in recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating the College library staff.
8. Supervises collection development of subject areas relevant to the College mission such as multiculturalism and student learning.
9. Prepares, presents, and administers the library budget.
10. Responsible for all materials donated to the library.
11. Coordinates Cecil College’s library services, activities, programs, and initiatives with other local and regional academic institutions, CCPL, CCPS, and local community.
12. Fulfill MHEC proposal requests for Library Resources from Associate Dean for Academic Assessments & Development.
Other Related Duties:
1. Attend related statewide meetings as appropriate.
2. Participate in College committees as necessary.
3. Handles other related duties as assigned.
• Education: Master’s degree in library science (ALA accredited).
• Experience: Minimum of 5 years of substantial management, supervisory and budget experience in increasingly responsible positions in academic libraries. A record of successful implementation and management of a variety of services, functions and knowledge of best practices and current trends in library services.
• Skills/Training: Demonstrated ability to introduce information literacy related to online research to the College community. Strong record of professional and scholarly activity.
• Proficiencies: Evidence of strong verbal and written communication skills. Documented supervisory experience.
• Scheduling Requirements: Varied work schedule during critical periods, sometimes requiring evening, and Saturday work hours dependent on the needs of special events promotions.
• Physical Demands: None
• Other Requirements: NA
For best consideration, please apply by July 8, 2018.
How to Apply: Apply online or pick up an application at our North East or Elkton campus.
For additional information, visit https://legacy.cecil.edu/Employment/displayjob.asp?id=1025 or e-mail email@example.com.