LAC Group is seeking a Library Clerk to work at a federal agency information center in Beltsville, MD. The selected individual will be responsible for providing clerical support for the agency’s collection development activities. This is a one-year, full-time (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) contract position and includes benefits.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets supporting collection development activities
- Search the web, agency’s catalog and bibliographic utilities to identify potential additions to the agency’s collection
- Update agency’s databases
- Import/upload materials to the agency’s databases
- Verify and correct broken URLs for online materials
- Coordinate and ship donations of the agency’s surplus books to tribal colleges
- Proficiency and practical experience in the use of PCs, Windows Office Suite, and Microsoft Outlook. Basic computer skills, including the ability to create/ update information on word processing systems and the ability to navigate content on Internet databases and business/research sites.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities while effectively prioritizing and balancing a heavy workload of diverse activities and maintaining the accuracy of work performed
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced and highly automated environment
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to work within a framework of established policies and procedures
- Following through on all assignments, projects, and duties
- Ability to ask questions to clarify expectations
- Demonstrated knowledge of classification and filing systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills