Reporting to the Senior Manager of Library Services, the Library Catalogue Support Contractor will assist the firm with a short-term project focused on deaccessioning the library’s print collection, which consists of books, serials, loose-leaf publications, and other physical items. This is not a full-time position with the firm and the Library Catalog Support Contractor is anticipated to work an average of 20 hours per week. The project is anticipated to last approximately 4 months.
The Firm requires that some of the duties and responsibilities of this position be performed on-site during work hours specified by the Senior Manager of Library Services. It is anticipated that some duties of this position may be performed remotely during work hours approved by the Senior Manager.
- Tracking titles and volumes deaccessioned in accordance with Wiley’s asset management policies
- Removing catalog records from the library’s Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC)
- Marking volumes for disposal
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 plus years of related library technical services experience, with law firm experience preferred
- Experience with strong cataloging proficiency, knowledge of EOS system preferred
Application Link: Library Catalog Support Contractor