|OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Multiple positions (part-time and full-time) may be hired from this job posting
Grade 7: $19.72 – $25.88 per hour
Grade 8: $21.65 – $27.86 per hour
One of our 26 locations; provided at time of offer.
Full-time, 40 hours per week, including evenings and weekends.
Part-time, 20 hours per week, including evening and weekends. Note: Part-time staff are hired to fill shifts where they are needed most, primarily evenings (Monday – Wednesday) and weekends.
Under the direction of a Supervisory Librarian, the incumbent provides paraprofessional assistance in a variety of services to promote the effective use of the library by the public. The incumbent provides basic reference and reader’s advisory services to customers in the area of children, teen and/or adult literature using both print and electronic resources; plans and presents library programs and events; arranges programs and schedules class visits; assists customers with directional inquiries and instruction in the use of the library; instructs customers in the use of computers; assists in monitoring and troubleshooting on-line systems; assists the Librarian with overall maintenance of library collections;. Performs routine administrative work as necessary and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience providing direct customer service to the public.
- Basic knowledge of books, authors and other resources in the assigned area, including standard bibliographic tools.
- General knowledge of electronic resources available through the Internet and other databases including electronic search strategies.
- General knowledge of library policies and procedures and the ability to communicate them to the public.
- Ability to identify customers’ actual questions, and provide answers or appropriate referrals.
- Skill in using print and electronic resources efficiently to locate information and/or materials requested by customers.
- Skill in operating media equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, the public, other city employees and outside agencies.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and tact in the application of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures and in difficult or sensitive situations, in person and or over the telephone with the customer.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Licensures, Certifications and other requirements
- CS-7: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required to qualify for hire at the grade 7
- CS-8: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university required to qualify for hire at the grade 8
Knowledge and experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
Work is normally performed in a typical inside environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements.
This position is in the collective bargaining unit represented by Local 1808 and you may be required to pay an agency-service fee through direct payroll deduction.
General Suitability Screening
The appointee to the position may be offered employment contingent upon receipt of a satisfactory general suitability screening. General suitability screening includes verification of employment history, reference checks and degree/license, as applicable.
Enhanced Suitability Screening
- The position for which the individual is applying has been identified and designated as requiring enhanced suitability screening;
- If tentatively selected for the position, a criminal background check, traffic record check, consumer credit check, and mandatory drug and alcohol test will be conducted (as appropriate); and
- The appointee to the position may be offered employment contingent upon receipt of a satisfactory enhanced suitability screening