The American Revolution Institute of the Society of the Cincinnati in Washington, D.C.,
seeks an energetic and organized person to assist with a variety of projects relating to the
management and use of its library collections. The collections include early printed and
manuscript material documenting the people and events of the War for Independence
complemented by a modern reference collection to support broad research on the age of
the American Revolution.
- assistance with in-house and offsite researchers
- paging and shelving materials from the rare and modern stacks,
- scanning and uploading material to our Digital Library
- processing newly cataloged items in preparation for shelving and other collections management tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with graduate work in library science or related field highly
- Knowledge of website management and digitization protocols and French or
other foreign language a plus.
This is a part-time position, available for two days a week (total of sixteen hours) at an hourly rate of $18.00.
For further information about the Society of the Cincinnati and its library, please visit our website: www.societyofthecincinnati.org
To Apply: send your resume with a cover letter by August 12 to:
Ellen McCallister Clark, Library Director, The Society of the Cincinnati, 2118
Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20008; telephone: 202 785-2040 ext
426; email: firstname.lastname@example.org