The Sherman Cohn Library at the Maryland University of Integrative Health* in Laurel, MD is seeking a part-time evening Library Assistant. Here is a summary of the basic duties, for best consideration view the entire listing at http://www.muih.edu/about/
PART TIME LIBRARY ASSISTANT
Tuesdays 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Thursdays 1:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Fridays 1:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. In addition to these regularly scheduled hours, the option exists to work other Library shifts from time to time.
• Being prompt and working shifts reliably with little absenteeism
• Performing all duties required to open the Library
• Staffing the circulation/information desk and engaging in tasks required to maintain the collection (shelve, shelf-read, process books, etc.)
• Utilizing the circulation functions of the integrated library system (check-in, check-out, holds, etc.)
• Responding to the needs of Library patrons in a knowledgeable, timely, and courteous manner
• Providing instruction and assistance to library patrons (both in person and off campus) in obtaining and utilizing Library resources
• Answering ready-reference questions and referring complex reference or research questions to appropriate personnel
• Engaging in special project work as assigned
• Performing other duties as assigned
Interested individuals should forward a letter of interest (listing desired hourly pay rate) and CV/resume to our Office of Human Enrichment at firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing “1435 – Library Assistant” in the subject line of the email.
*formerly Tai Sophia Institute