- High school diploma or G.E.D.;
- 6 months or more related experience.
- Ability to work day, evening, and weekends hours.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of circulation departmental policies and procedures;
- Ability to learn to operate relevant computer systems, including hardware and software, and office machines;
- Ability to learn to maintain and organize library materials;
- Ability to receive and handle monies;
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; and
- Basic math skills.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to Supervisor I or Circulation Manager I. Does not regularly supervise other staff. May supervise volunteers.
- Work requires moderate physical effort in the handling of light materials, up to 60 pounds, in a non-strenuous work environment. For example, pushing/pulling of library carts to move library materials within the department, sorting and shelving library materials, and loading and unloading delivery bags.
- Work also involves standing or walking up to 80% of the time.
- Observes safe workplace practices with uncluttered workspace, including office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, proper lifting techniques, and following fire regulations.
- Ability to travel to branch/outside locations, as necessary.