The Office of Human Resources for the Urban Institute seeks a temporary, part time (20 hours per week) Information Specialist/Librarian beginning in late February, for approximately 2-3 months. This position will provide general reference and information services to researchers in all areas of the social sciences, specifically related to public policy.
- Answer research and reference questions
- Provide directional support to researchers – finding materials in books and databases
- Assist with bibliographic searching, often from incomplete or incorrect citations
- Retrieve information from commercial databases, both bibliographic and full text content
- Assist research staff with an online library catalog
- Provide database assistance, and book and journal searches for print and electronic resources
- Master’s Degree in Library Science or equivalent experience
- Customer service Skills
- Knowledge and experience working with commercial databases
- Experience in reference services and locating sources from beyond library subscriptions
- Familiarity with OCLC ILL operations
Interested candidates can forward resumes to Celeste Chatman, Director Talent Acquisition, email@example.com.