LAC Group is currently seeking an organized, service-oriented individual for a Librarian position at a federal agency in the Washington, D.C. metro area. The librarian will oversee the daily operations of the repository, ensuring quality and correctness of cataloged submissions. Additionally, the librarian will assist the community by providing research and reference services to patrons. This is a long term, full-time contract (40 hours a week; Monday – Friday) benefited position.
- Provide reference services in-person, via phone, and email to patrons with varying levels of research skill
- Review repository submissions for appropriateness, completeness, and compliance
- Log all submissions and documents review and acceptance process
- Communicate via email or phone with submitters to resolve issues in the submission process, or any post-submission concerns
- Prepare informal updates for team meetings, keeping members informed of trends and ongoing issues
- Research and write annotated bibliographies on topics requested by patrons
- Collect, cleanse, and manage agency’s publications data as a key member of the Bibliometrics team
- Produce quarterly and annual reports highlighting the reach and impact of agency-funded research.
- Provide other data and reports on demand.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an institution accredited by the ALA
- Experience providing reference support a must
- Experience with repository submissions a must
- Thorough knowledge and experience in cataloging workflows; Experience with RDA, OCLC, MARC21 and other standards used in cataloging
- Original cataloging using RDA experience preferred
- Various branding, marketing, and promotional activities experience preferred