Westat is seeking a librarian with demonstrated experience in conducting complex bibliographic database searches and other in-depth research. This position is based in Rockville, MD.
- Provide expert literature search services, including systematic reviews, for published and grey literature in a variety of subject areas (e.g., health, education, social sciences).
- Develop sound search strategies, execute searches, and document search methods both independently and in collaboration with other librarians.
- Manage search results with bibliographic software programs (e.g., Reference Manager, EndNote).
- Assist with legislative monitoring and business development activities.
- Evaluate and search bibliographic, news, and business resources.
- Communicate effectively with requestors to understand, guide, and meet their research needs.
- Respond to complex reference questions.
- Develop promotional and training materials and conduct effective training in the use of research tools.
- Other special projects, as assigned.
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in library or information science is required.
- 5 years of library experience, including at least 3 years of demonstrated bibliographic database searching.
- Knowledge of specialized research tools (e.g., PubMed, ProQuest, EBSCO).
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel).
The ideal candidate must possess excellent research, customer service, analytical and organizational skills, proficiency in written and oral communication, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work both independently and collaboratively in a team-based, customer service environment.
To apply go to:
https://www.westat.com/careers/professional-positions and enter 14725BR in the Job ID field.