The Outreach/Instruction Librarian develops programs that increase awareness of library resources and services using traditional and creative methods. In conjunction with the college community, designs and coordinates outreach that infuses the library into campus life. Collaborates with the instruction/reference librarian to schedule and teach information literacy. Has primary responsibility for scheduling instruction and reference desk service and maintaining and reporting statistics. Duties also include reference desk service and liaison responsibilities to academic departments.
- Master’s degree in library/information science from an ALA accredited program. Degree awarded within the past five years OR recent continuing education and/or recent professional experience at a college or university using electronic databases, internet, computer, and web applications and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience marketing and developing programs for outreach in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated experience teaching research methods, strategies, and techniques using a variety of resources and technologies.
CRITERIA: The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Extent of relevant experience in a college or university library.
- Extent of experience marketing library resources and services through outreach programs.
- Extent of experience in information literacy instruction and knowledge of the ACRL standards/framework, instructional technologies, and assessment.
- Extent of experience working in a college or university library providing reference services, searching electronic databases and the Internet, using web and other technologies, and print resources.
- Extent of experience with scheduling.
- Extent of experience with keeping and reporting statistics.
- Full-time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 month, tenure-track faculty position.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours, as the teaching schedule requires.
- Documentation of experience and performance required by teaching a sample 20-30 minute information literacy lesson during the interview and providing proof of experience with Web and course management software.
- Ability to effectively communicate in spoken and written standard English.