ASRC Mission Services, Inc., a Subsidiary of ASRC Federal Holding Company, is currently seeking an Information Architecture Librarian in Washington, DC.
ASRC Mission Services provides federal government agencies a complete spectrum of operations and maintenance, facilities management, logistics and business process support services. We strive to not only meet our customers’ needs but help them overcome challenges as well.
ASRC Mission Services also holds a nationwide contract for library and records management services with the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency. ASRC librarians, records managers and support staff collect, organize and maintain library and records materials; safeguard Confidential Business Information (CBI); maintain Superfund Records Centers; manage the EPA Docket Center operations, provide National Records and Content Management Branch Support, assist EPA and external customers with document delivery/ILL, reference and research services, etc.
Provides support for information architecture, user experience, and web usability projects.
Provide reference desk and virtual reference support through chat and web-based services.
Provides analysis and consultation for the implementation and integration of metadata and controlled terminology requirements within client initiatives for information architecture.
The staffer will serve on a team that provides support for the client in the areas of creating content inventories, maintaining web pages, compiling and analyzing web metrics, and providing guidance to the client group for the assignment of appropriate metadata to its web content. The Librarian will also have a role in providing support for tracking of the overall IA framework and how specific client offices and programs fit within the overall architecture.
- A Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent, and 2-4 years of professional level experience supporting website management.
- Experience providing library reference services in multiple channels — desk reference, virtual reference, phone, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience using content management systems (such as Drupal) database management systems, content management systems, search engines, HTML, XML, and related technologies.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite applications such as DreamWeaver and Photoshop for the creation of web content and management of web sites.
- Experience using Google Analytics and other website and search analytic tools for website evaluation and website user experience improvement.
- Designing and evaluating organization, navigation, search and controlled vocabulary systems for large complex websites and knowledge systems.
- Experience in preparing analytic reports and statistics, use of applications such as Excel, and development of logical expressions and database queries.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident status in order to pass a government sponsored background investigation.