Hyde-Addison and Van Ness Elementary DC Public Elementary schools are looking for a dedicated and talented librarian for the 2018-2019 school year. An ideal candidate will have demonstrated success with a broad range of students and be a collaborative member of a professional learning community. This person will also enjoy working with children and promoting literacy skills.
This is a 10 month position that would start in August 2018.
The responsibilities of the librarian would include:
- Planning meaningful literacy lessons for children in PK3-5
- Maintain a library environment to meet educational needs of students and to invite learning
- Promote literacy schoolwide
- Make and assist with library displays and make weekly visits to the library enjoyable and a learning experience for students, to include reading to students, assisting with checking out/in books, and using technology for student computer instruction.
- Process all books and prepare them for shelving and distribution in the library including Accelerated Readers
- Keep careful records of all items and inventory in the library;
- Communicate with teachers and students regarding library activities, materials, and promotion programs
- Set and reinforce clear expectation for student behavior.
- Ability to plan collaboratively with the specials team and classroom teachers as necessary
- Communicate and build relationships with parents and families
Skills and Characteristics:
- Outstanding instructional and management skills
- Ability to cultivate a strong culture that is inclusive of all students and maintains high expectations
- Enthusiasm and openness for feedback and coaching
If you are interested in this role, please send your résumé and a cover letter to
Elizabeth Namba at firstname.lastname@example.org