ZAI is seeking librarians l capable of implementing and supporting best practices in print and digital librarianship, curation, and official repository management for academic and research purposes. In addition, candidates must have demonstrated and detailed understanding, expertise, and experience:
- Creating and working with authority data (e.g.LC authorities, Getty vocabularies, ORCID, ISNI, etc.)
- Normalizing information and data, including quality assurance and control
- Using central data search and discovery platforms, such as central portal systems
- Undertaking data audits and assessing repositories for quality control and compliance
- Implementing and adhering to standard digital data and information formats (for both structured and unstructured data) and metadata standards and schemas
- Creating, using, validating, and/or contributing to development of a wide variety of metadata standards
- Implementing principles and practices related to linked data and semantic web applications, such as ontologies and RDF
- Assessing metadata quality; coordinating metadata enhancement; and performing remediation to address better discovery
- Serving as a metadata consultant and to assist in the development and implementation of best practices, procedures, workflows, and tools
- Implementing best practices related to archival preservation and reuse
It is strongly preferred that Librarians have a graduate degree, preferably a Master of Science in Library and Information Sciences (MSLIS), and at least three years of related work experience.
M/F/D/V and EOE employer
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.