Position: Legislative Reference Librarian I
Salary: $40,400 – $62,900, depending on experience and qualifications
- Provides accurate and timely research, reference, and referral services to legislators, legislative staff, department staff, state agencies, and the general public via in-person interactions, telephone conversations, and e-mail communications.
- Provides expertise in extracting information from a variety of print and online sources.
- Reads daily newspapers and selects articles of interest to be included in the Maryland Clipper and reads additional publications for current event awareness and knowledge in assigned areas of public policy, law, or library and information science issues.
- Reviews and tracks legislation in assigned topical areas during the 90-day legislative session.
- ALA accredited MLS
- Excellent working knowledge of Westlaw, Lexis Nexis, or similar legal databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently, in teams, and have the ability to prioritize requests to meet multiple deadlines.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills, flexibility, and adaptability to serve a varied client group in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must have sensitivity to the political environment and the information needs of all library users.
- Must have the ability to work extended hours, including some weekends, during the 90 day legislative session from January to April.
Send resume and letter of interest by September 25, 2017 to:
Department of Legislative Services, Human Resources
Code 10/17 M (Required on all Resumes)
The Department of Legislative Services is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in a manner that violates law, regulation or legislative policy.