LAC Group seeks a full-time, temporary Legal Research Analyst for our client, a global law firm, located in Washington, DC. This individual needs to be skilled in providing strong research expertise to support the firm’s practice areas, ideally with a focus on legislative and regulatory areas of law. This assignment is for at least a 3 months, but has the potential to last longer. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position, and ideally the candidate will be able to work Saturdays in addition to 4 days during the week.
* As part of a firm-wide research team, provide substantive research expertise to support the firm’s practice areas and business development efforts, including strategic research related to markets, industries, and competitors;
* Create current awareness tools, newsletters, and alerts for ongoing monitoring of clients, industries, and events;
* Proactively and independently assess research requests and ensure that research meets stated and anticipated needs;
* Ensure that library services are effectively promoted to attorneys and timekeepers;
* Educate and advise attorneys, paralegals, and staff on sources and strategies for research;
* Provide assistance in collection development and maintenance and library space utilization;
* Participate on projects that increase the value of library services to the Firm;
* Track and record billable and non-billable time spent providing research services to library clients according to the Firm’s library billing policy. Close time notes on a daily basis;
* Consistently promote and model the Firm’s Client Service Principles in leadership, teamwork, work product, and personal interaction;
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Master’s degree in Library Science or Information Science or equivalent degree strongly preferred; plus a minimum of three years related experience, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience;
* Substantive knowledge of the legal materials and databases used to support the Firm’s practice areas and research needs for client work and for business development efforts;
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective internal and external client relationships;
* Strong writing skills and the ability to exchange information and to present ideas, report facts and convey information clearly and concisely;
* Ability to effectively apply independent judgment and have a strong sense of urgency and professional dedication;
* Ability to work collaboratively across departments and with all levels of personnel and to succeed in a teamwork environment;
* Strong planning and organizational skills, including demonstrated ability to manage workloads effectively and meet all stated deadlines;
* Proficient in Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and PowerPoint.
Apply at: http://goo.gl/MjZUnQ
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies.