While the core duties of this position will revolve around designing and implementing various types of face-to-face and web-based learning opportunities at University Libraries at Virginia Tech, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape parts of this position based on his or her interests and skills. Reporting to the Assistant Director for Learning Services, the Learning Services and Educational Technologies Librarian will be responsible for contributing to and leading strategic efforts for creating impactful, meaningful, and inclusive learning opportunities that support our mission to invent the future of libraries and create a platform for student success and faculty innovation in a global context. The Learning Services and Educational Technologies Librarian will also collaborate closely with the Learning Environments unit on the development of an online learning program.
Additionally, the successful candidate will work with Learning division leadership to identify and build partnerships with campus programs, such as Virginia Tech’s community learning program or undergraduate research programs, that would be an appropriate collaboration for the successful candidate’s background and interests.
The Learning Services Librarian will be responsible for:
– Contributing progressive, original approaches and ideas to discussions and implementations of teaching and learning at University Libraries
– Collaborating with colleagues in the Libraries to identify and integrate educational technologies into face-to-face and web-based learning opportunities
– Collaborating with colleagues in the Libraries to strategize teaching and learning at University Libraries
– Cultivating partnerships with members of the Virginia Tech community by reaching out to and engaging with faculty, staff, and students in departments or programs
– Coordinating a program of support, instruction, and customized consultations for faculty and students
– Participating in various continuing education and professional development opportunities in order to continually evolve his or her instructional and professional practice
To apply, please visit: http://listings.jobs.vt.edu/