Law Librarian – REMOTE
Our client, an international law firm, is currently seeking an experienced research law librarian to support their busy team on a long-term contract basis. This role will ideally start in December and last through approximately the end of the first quarter in 2021. Depending on the firm’s needs, there is a possibility for extension. This role is entirely remote and offers flexible working hours (provided you work 37.50 hours M-F). In additional to local Washington, DC (DMV) applicants, our client will look at candidates housed near one of their US office locations. Those states include: California, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, and New York. Applicants should have a minimum of two years of legal research experience in a professional services environment.
Duties include the following:
· Perform sophisticated legal and non-legal research using a variety of resources.
· Conduct reference interviews via phone, email or instant messaging.
· Analyze research requests and recommend appropriate resources to patrons.
· Monitor news, legislation, regulations, cases and other information.
· Participate in evaluation of new resources and training as needed.
· Proficiency with Lexis, Westlaw, MS Office and PACER required.
· Proficiency with additional resources such as Bloomberg Law, Wolters Kluwer, RIA Checkpoint, Lex Machina, Capital IQ, Courtlink, Courthouse News preferred.
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with Research team, attorneys and staff.
· Ability to analyze and concisely summarize complex legal and non-legal information.
· Bachelor’s degree and MLS are preferred, although law firm research experience will be considered in lieu of the master’s degree.
LEGAL PLACEMENTS, INC.