The global law firm of K&L Gates LLP seeks a Law Librarian to reside in our Washington, DC Office. This position will be responsible for offering professional law library services to attorneys/staff and coordinating and/or performing ready reference and substantive research. Additional duties may include coordinating and/or conducting relevant instructional and outreach programs; participating in the development of law library policies and procedures; performing designated law library management duties in the absence of the director or associate director; assisting in the overall management of the firm’s law library through supervisory, administrative and project management assignments; performing other duties as assigned.
• Coordinates and performs library research services utilizing print and electronic resources in legal, business, and other disciplines.
• Actively participates in appropriate library team efforts in furtherance of departmental goals.
• Actively participates as practice group liaison to market library services and assess practice group research resource needs.
• Coordinates and implements promotion of library services through user instruction, departmental presentations, development of pathfinders and other training materials for all levels of users.
• Responsible for remaining current on technological applications and best practices relevant to the provision of sophisticated library services.
• Assists the director and associate directors of library services in development of the law library’s short and long-range planning process and helps formulate its overall mission, goals, strategies, standards, budgets, and law library service plans.
• Maintains a positive customer service attitude at all times.
The ideal candidate will have 3-4 years of law library professional experience with responsibilities for reference, research, educational outreach and promotion of library services. Experience with securities and/or legislative related research would be ideal. Demonstrated proficiency with standard legal and business print and online research services and basic PC office applications is required. Candidates must have a Masters in Library & Information Science from an A.L.A.-accredited program with course work in law librarianship; a J.D. degree is a plus but not required.