Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
Duties & Accountabilities:
- You will facilitate delivery of core services and functions as part of the Archives’ Appraisal Team including, but not limited to: writing and revising records retention and disposition schedules; analyzing business processes and document workflows; conducting appraisal interviews and on-site visits; analyzing and appraising business functions to determine the value of records; and providing guidance to clients on identifying and applying relevant disposal authorities to their records.
- You will participate in the creation of information structures for WBG units within the Office 365 environment, which embed records disposition authorities within them.
- You will lead workflow for records manager and compliance roles in WBG electronic records management system, including privileged deletion, destruction notifications and legal holds.
- You will provide end user support on records appraisal and retention.
- You will participate in IT system decommissioning projects, including review and appraisal of digital content to determine final disposition of records.
- You will implement records retention and disposition schedules for WBG records in all media and work with the appraisal team to identify disposition data remediation or corrections at the end of the records’ lifecycle.
- You will collaborate with information technology teams on decisions pertaining to integrating business solutions with the Bank’s approved electronic records management system versus building retention and disposition requirements into systems that are not designed as records management systems.
- You will contribute to the formulation and implementation of policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures pertaining to information management, services and governance.
- You will design, develop and deliver training on appraisal and retention and information management systems.
- As an integral part of the Archives team, you will be an active participant in Archives’ day to day projects, responsibilities and intended outcomes.
- MA/MS in Archives, Information Science or related field, plus minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
- Solid theoretical understanding and practical expertise with standards and methods for records appraisal, retention and disposition, and records management.
- Knowledge and understanding of archives and document and records management software systems. Knowledge of MS Office 365 applications, HPRM, Documentum or Preservica a plus.
- Ability to conduct independent research and functional analysis and to make discernments on the archival value of the records of the organization.
- Conceptual, analytic and innovative problem-solving ability.
- Hands-on and willing to take action.
- Ability to contribute to projects with critical thought and insight. Capacity to work both independently and in a team. Willingness to seek advice and assistance.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff at different levels across the organization, and with colleagues from many countries and cultures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Ability to write concise and accurate reports, and good public outreach skills.
- Interest in, and understanding of, the Bank Group’s work and mission and objectives.
- Flexibility towards work environment changes and emerging opportunities.
Client Understanding and Advising
Looks at issues from the client’s perspective and takes action beyond normal expectations to ensure client satisfaction. Analyzes situations and determines alternative or creative scenarios and approaches to add value to the business in new and different ways. Works within the team and with other specialty areas to define client needs and develop the best approach to meet client needs. Helps clients understand complicated issues by describing the issue and solutions in a concise way that clients can easily understand. Sees how ideas and best practices from other specialties can be adapted or applied to address client issues.
Stays abreast of new trends and developments in own specialty area as well as what is occurring in the broader industry. Obtains training as needed to remain current on technical expertise. Exposes self to increasingly more challenging projects and opportunities to learn. Tracks developments in the field through readily available sources and by maintaining active involvement with relevant industry, user and vendor associations.
Broad Business Thinking
Maintains an in-depth understanding of the long term implications of decisions both for department and the client’s business. Ensures that decisions are supported by relevant stakeholders as well as sound performance data. Effectively communicates recommended changes to clients and how they will affect their business using the client’s own terminology with limited jargon while attempting to minimize day-to-day disruption of operations.
Archives and Records Management
Oversees the implementation of storage, protection and preservation plans and systems. With guidance, manages the storage service and facilities. Assesses client requirements and researches existing metadata standards. Contributes to development and maintenance of classification schemes and hierarchies. Monitors compliance with policies and standards and the implementation of classification systems for input into updates and revisions to systems. Identifies and selects requested records. Responds to formal requests for access to information and privacy issues. Exhibits a strong knowledge of the schedules and monitors compliance by functional units. Assists in the design of audit criteria and processes. Applies review and audit process and procedures. Contributes to development of IMS systems or systems with an IMS component by collecting and analyzing user feedback and business requirements. Monitors IMS systems or systems with an IMS component.
Lead and Innovate
Applies critical thinking to current approaches, identifies areas for improvement, and tries new solutions that drive results. Considers own behavior in context of WBG’s values and mission and recognizes impact one has on others. Operates in ambiguity and changing needs and supports others to do the same.
Deliver Results for Clients
Sets challenging goals that align with the WBG mission and is always looking to improve. Understands clients’ most pressing challenges and contributes to solutions. Takes personal responsibility for producing high quality work, identifying and informing of risks, and delivering results for clients.
Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries
Keeps others fully informed to ensure integration and work consistency and displays a sense of mutuality and respect. Approaches conflicts as common problems to be solved. Seeks and listens to input from others to inform own decision making and openly shares information. Frames thinking/actions with a WBG corporate perspective in mind.
Create, Apply and Share Knowledge
Contributes to the unit’s and WBG’s body of knowledge by applying lessons learned and expertise. Actively invests in own knowledge and seeks feedback. Builds personal and professional networks within and beyond the work group.
Make Smart Decisions
Seeks and analyzes facts, data and lessons of past experience to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others’ work. Applies cost/benefit analysis to meet work program objectives. Contributes to decision making by providing relevant risk-analysis. Shows initiative when necessary, and makes decisions in a timely manner within own area of responsibility.