Developing 360 Video Tours of an Academic Library – Internship Opportunity at Loyola Notre Dame Library, Baltimore MD
The Technology Services unit at Loyola Notre Dame Library (Baltimore, MD) will offer a current MLS student an opportunity to gain experience in marketing library spaces, creative application of multimedia, and an understanding of the work at a medium-sized academic library. The Intern will complete 120 hours. The Intern will report to the Technology Librarian. This is an unpaid internship.
- Learn how the Loyola Notre Dame Library has reconfigured spaces for various purposes, from makerspace to active learning. Write scripts describing how these spaces can be used
- Record 360 video using the library’s Yi 360 camera
- Use ThingLink to embed facts, URLs, and other information in the videos
- Work with the library web group to integrate new video on the website
- Work the marketing group to devise a plan to distribute this content in various channels, including social media and potentially Google Cardboard popup sessions across both campuses (such as coffee shops)
- Current MLS student
- Excellent computer skills (including Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs)
- Knowledge or interest in working with multimedia
- Interested in learning about creative uses of library spaces
About The Library
The Loyola Notre Dame Library, located in northern Baltimore City, is a member of the University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions and serves Loyola University Maryland and Notre Dame of Maryland University. The library serves as an integral part of the campuses by providing information services and resources to support the academic programs and educational concerns of the two institutions. Loyola University Maryland, a member of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities, is recognized for excellence in teaching and learning. Notre Dame of Maryland University is a leader in the education of women and non-traditional students. The Library serves a student population of 6,100 FTE.
The Loyola Notre Dame Library is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Please submit electronically a resume, cover letter, and a list of three (3) work-related references with “360 Video Tour Internship” in the subject line to Matthew Treskon, Technology Librarian: firstname.lastname@example.org