LAC Federal seeks an Interlibrary Loan/Reference Librarian (Paraprofessional) for a major Federal institution in the Washington, D.C. metro area. The Librarian will be responsible for reference and document delivery including strong customer service and organizational skills. Work will be performed on-site. This is a full-time (40 hour a week; Monday – Friday), benefited position.
· Provides reference services through regular duty at the reference desk and by responding to virtual information requests using a wide variety of databases
· Process requests by agency’s researchers for materials held at other libraries.
· Process items received as a result of requests.
· Process materials requested by other libraries.
· Review, and troubleshoot as necessary, the ILL requests as processed by the library technicians in the Shared Resources Department.
· Effectively use a variety of electronic and manual systems to perform interlibrary loan work
· Maintain statistics and other records as needed.
· Other responsibilities include ensuring copyright compliance, aiding in the preparation of monthly and annual reports, advising for collection development, maintaining and troubleshooting software and hardware, and staying aware of developments in the field.
· Assist with circulation, mending, shelf maintenance, or other areas as assigned.
· Attend regularly scheduled library staff meetings.
· Responsible for removing collection materials from a shelf in a designated area of the stacks and transfer them to a book truck, vacuum the materials and wipe the empty shelf;
· Move the materials to the new stacks area designated for them
· Adjust the shelves in the new stacks area to accommodate the materials.
· Experience working in a customer service capacity
· Excellent oral and written communication skills – ability to work well in a team
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
· Minimum 1 year experience in technical services, including provision of interlibrary loan using OCLC (including WorldShare) and circulation desk experience.
· Minimum 1 year of experience with the circulation and acquisitions modules of integrated library systems.
· Experience searching online databases such as EBSCO and ProQuest and in ordering from commercial document delivery services.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Attention to detail; demonstrated organizational skills.
Note: Selected candidate with MLS degree will have ILL/Reference Librarian title; selected candidate with no MLS degree will have Library Paraprofessional (ILL/Reference) title.
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/N8qVqu