Job Description Summary:
GW Libraries and Academic Innovation (GWLAI) is a catalyst, a spark to generate new ideas and new possibilities. Responsive to the changing landscape of information and education, being sensitive both to traditional and emergent modes of communication, we bring together diverse constituents of faculty, students, and staff in a highly collaborative, dynamic, and deeply engaged intellectual community to support research, teaching and learning. As part of the larger George Washington University, we are a nexus where exciting things happen, where change happens, where growth happens. Reporting to the Director of Instructional Technology, Instructional Technologist works within the Division’s Academic Technology team.
The Instructional Technologist will:
- Coordinate setup, operation, and troubleshooting of multimedia computer systems.
- Promote the use of innovative pedagogies and the use of both current and leading edge technologies designed to enhance teaching and learning.
- Explain or support clients with various multimedia software applications to enhance instructional materials.
- Support faculty in the design and development of courses, course content, seminars, conferences, and related mediated learning activities.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of workshops and seminars, with an emphasis on instructional technologies.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning additional responsibilities that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master’s degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
*Coursework in a field that emphasizes instructional technologies and/or multimedia production
*Progressively responsible experience in the provision of instructional design, development of multimedia, and end-user assistance.
- Experience with multimedia hardware, software, and Internet applications, especially the World Wide Web and multimedia software used to deliver instruction.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks effectively.
- Experience with Learning Management System such as Blackboard.
To learn more or to apply, please visit: https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/52273