- The incumbent carries out a wide range of complex assignments to further the goals and objectives of the Library and works under the supervision of the group chief. The incumbent performs Information Systems Security Officer support, IT project planning and management, and IT research and analysis. The incumbent provides technical analysis and support, programming needs and the performance of associated tasks.
- Located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer, IT Security Group.
- Description number for this position is 361216.
- Salary range indicated reflects the locality pay adjustments for the Washington, D.C., Metropolitan area.
- Work a flextime, compflex or maxiflex work schedule.
- A n non-supervisory, bargaining unit position.
- Manages the development of long-range plans for IT security of systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with IT system vulnerabilities.
- Provides authoritative guidance related to information system security planning and the coordination and development of specifications to meet security requirements. Develops and reviews systems security procedures and guidance for systems processing multiple applications that require differing and conflicting security controls, and that are typically accessed by a large distributed user community. Interprets IT security policy and implements corresponding security controls covering the management, operational, and technical aspects of a system’s boundary. This includes physical security, application and data security, system software security, contingency planning, compliance with personnel clearance procedures, security education and training, and contractor security.
- Plans and manages complex IT projects involving interrelated disciplines and multiple stages of the systems development lifecycle. For example, manages IT projects for the office, and aligns the IT infrastructure with agency business requirements. Integrates systems analysis, software development, database administration, and customer support into the project plan.
- Analyzes the development of information systems requirements and plans for systems integration. Evaluates the adequacy of change management by reviewing the configuration change process and policy. Develops and evaluates testing strategies, plans, or scenarios. Participates in milestone project reviews, and monitors project activities/resources to mitigate risk.
- Reviewing and evaluating security policies, and identifying the need for change based on new security technologies or threats.
- Provides expert analysis and advice on complex program related information technology (IT) issues or problems where new analytical techniques must be developed to identify and evaluate findings. Based on operations and changing program requirements, identifies relevant issues. Collects relevant information from many varied sources, some of which are difficult to access. Makes authoritative recommendations.
- Applicants must have had progressively responsible experience and training sufficient in scope and quality to furnish them with an acceptable level of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the position without more than normal supervision.
- Ability to perform IT research and analysis.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles, methods, and tools.
- Ability to develop IT policies and guidelines.
- Ability to apply project management methodologies and techniques to manage complex IT projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively other than in writing.
Open & closing dates: 08/08/2018 to 08/22/2018
Salary: $114,590 to $148,967 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 14
Work schedule: Full-Time – Flexitime.
Appointment type: Permanent – Position