LAC Federal is seeking Information Desk Support personnel for a major health library in the Washington, DC metro area. This is a long term full time (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position.
- Specialized clerical support to the Education Services Branch and the Office of the Director, including creation and management of the desk backup schedule, and preparation of monthly reports documenting the Library’s classes, webinars and special events
Other duties may include but not limited to:
- Provide technical support in the development and documentation of studies, analyses, and reports
- Perform specialized research and technical writing tasks
- Study and analyze current advances in program practices and documentation and uses this information to formulate, implement, document, and evaluate processes, practice, systems, programs, or technology
- Provide general input and suggestions for improvement of processes and products for the benefit of the library’s clientele
- Assist users in formulating search strategies and in locating materials using all available sources and tools
- Maintain current awareness about new products and sources of relevant materials or information
- Coordinate with government counterparts when information requests include extensive research
- MLS/MLIS degree from an accredited ALA University
- Must have experience with acquisition, cataloging of library materials including print, non-print, and electronic media, and providing reference services
- Some experience in providing bibliographic verification of requests and conducting literature and electronic searches on technical subjects
- Experience in assisting users in research through the identification and retrieval of library materials through a variety of media, including print collections, online databases, document delivery services, the Internet, and other online catalogs and libraries
- Staff supervision experience a plus
Apply online at: https://goo.gl/2rQdAW
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.