At BCPL, staff members have the opportunity to enrich individual lives and build strong communities by delivering exceptional customer experiences, establishing meaningful partnerships, and creating innovative learning spaces. We seek enthusiastic, open-minded, self-motivated individuals who can work well independently and with others. BCPL circulates over 10 million items and provides library services through its 19 branches, 4 mobile library vehicles, and an extensive outreach network. If you are forward thinking and passionate about public service, consider joining BCPL in this position.
This is a full time position, working 40 hours a week. All library Administrative Office staff may be required to work evenings, Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year as a part of the normal work schedule.
– Oversees the development of, and performs administrative duties related to, the management of human resources including: performance management, organizational feedback, recruitment, compensation and benefits, staff and organizational learning, compliance and reporting, organizational structure planning, staff relations, HRIS management, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
– Works with the director and manager of fiscal services to prepare the annual budget submission for salaries.
– Serves as consultant to the director and managers regarding HR issues and concerns.
– Coordinates recruitments for management positions.
– Facilitates and creates content for various training programs regarding employment law, HR procedures, and new hire orientation. Responsible for facilitating the annual New Manager Series and coordinating the Leadership Development Program.
– Facilitates two cross-functional advisory groups: the Organizational Learning and Inclusion, Diversity and Equity.
– Coordinates an annual Quality of Work-life Survey.
– Oversees planning for the annual Day of Learning (Staff Day).
– Develops and recommends HR policies and procedures to achieve operational and strategic objectives.
– Manages HR department staff workload. Develops the annual service plan for the HR department and initiates specific programs to achieve strategic objectives.
– Supervises and evaluates three direct reports.
– Actively supports the mission, vision and values of Baltimore County Public Library.
– Demonstrates leadership qualities when providing customer service and building relationships internally and externally.
– MHR, MBA or related Master’s degree with six years of progressively increasing responsibility.
– Experience working as a human resource generalist in a public library or similar organization is required. Three years of prior experience in supervising staff is required.
– SHRM-CP or PHR certification preferred. Must have a Maryland driver’s License in good standing.
– Demonstrates effective communication and relationship building skills with staff and stakeholders.
– Able to seek collaborative and appropriate solutions to address various human resources situations.
– Able to exercise good judgment when making decisions and applying policies and procedures to workplace issues.
– Able to lead staff by modeling the right behaviors and building a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace culture.
– Experience using technology including Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Experience using One-Drive and SharePoint is preferred.
– Must pass a post offer criminal background check and physical/drug screen.
Please Note: This position closes on September 16, 2019.
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes 4 weeks of vacation, sick and personal leave, subsidized healthcare options, pension eligibility, and related benefits.