Responsible for coordinating campus library services, including reference, circulation, reserves, and selected system areas of responsibility. Supervises campus librarians, classified staff, and part time associates. Shares general professional responsibilities of reference, library instruction, and collection development with other campus librarians. Responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance of physical facility.
Compensation within the posted range is determined by a candidate’s education level and/or years of experience in the field. Generally, employees are hired in the lower third of the scale.
MLS degree from an ALA-accredited institution. A minimum of (5) five year’s progressively responsible administrative experience in an academic institution’s library. A minimum of (3) three years supervisory experience, required. Demonstrated knowledge of information literacy standards. Expertise with library research tools and instruction. Community college experience; working with faculty to integrate information literacy into curriculum; and experience with open educational resources (OERs) preferred. Valid driver’s license with a good driving record with less than five (5) violation points.
For best consideration please apply by January 11, 2021.
Class Specific Essential Duties
- Responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance of physical facility.
- Coordinates all campus library public service functions: reference, circulation, ILL and reserves.
- Provides leadership in selected college wide library functions.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.Position Specific Essential Duties
- Supervises, trains and evaluates campus library services staff.
- Participates in library instruction program, provides reference services to library users, and contributes to the development of the library collections.
- Oversees gate, information desk and library instruction statistics.
- Ensures all public service desks are staffed.
- Coordinates the production of library information guides as required.
- Maintains professional awareness and growth through participation in professional organizations and continuing education activities.
- Participates in the selection of resources for the library.
- Serves on the library management team to develop policies and procedures.
- Participates in college-wide committees and activities.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.