At Baltimore County Public Library, staff members have the opportunity to enrich individual lives and build strong communities by delivering exceptional customer experiences, establishing meaningful partnerships, and creating gracious library spaces. We circulate over 10 million items and provide library services through our 19 branches, 4 mobile library vehicles, and a growing virtual online presence. We contribute to the success of Baltimore County by being a place that supports diversity and inclusion through acceptance, dialogue, and collaboration. If you are enthusiastic, self-motivated, and open to new ideas consider joining the Baltimore County Public Library team as a full-time Circulation Assistant IV.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of part-time circulation staff.
- Trains, supervises, and evaluates part time circulation staff.
- Coordinates work assignments, communicates changes in the workplace and assists with schedules.
- As a member of the Circulation Management team, is responsible for engaging and empowering part-time circulation staff and enhancing their involvement in branch-wide goals and BCPL’s strategic plan.
- In collaboration with the Circulation Management team, guides and prepares part-time circulation staff for promotional opportunities.
- Assists customers with a variety of circulation transactions such as self-service technology, materials check-out, account concerns, payment collection and permits.
- Assists with record keeping/fiscal management.
- Participates on branch and system-wide teams and assists with branch services and programs.
- Performs various administrative, circulation and library services related tasks.
- Serves as staff member in charge at the customer service desk in the absence of a manager.
- May handle building/equipment concerns, security issues and emergency situations.
- High school diploma, some college level coursework is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of library circulation operations normally acquired through two years of progressively increasing responsibility and work experience in a library environment. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Able to communicate in an effective and professional manner, verbally and in writing, with staff and customers.
- Is proficient with Polaris, MS Office applications, cloud applications such as Google Drive, Scheduling 3W, and using iPads to perform work related tasks.
- Demonstrates creativity, flexibility, and good judgment in finding solutions to workplace problems and identifying better ways to provide service.
- Is passionate about providing exceptional customer experiences and is able to build productive work relationships with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to stand and walk for lengthy periods of time and the ability to bend, lift up to 25 lbs. and push/pull a wheeled cart weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to travel throughout the system and work a variety of schedules that include evenings and weekends.
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes: Four weeks of vacation; sick and personal leave; subsidized health care coverage; pension eligibility; and other benefits.
Annualized Salary: $33,076 – $43,563 commensurate with experience.
Send an email to email@example.com and attach two documents:
1) a completed BCPL employment application which you can find on our website www.bcpl.jobs
2) your cover letter and resume as one PDF document.
Include your last name in the title of the documents. Indicate the job title and location Circulation Assistant IV at Perry Hall in the subject line of your email
Documents must be received by: July 9, 2018 Vacancy #: 2018-140
For more information and to apply, press here or visit: https://www.bcpl.info/about-us/job-announcements/2018/circulation-assistant-iv