Job Description: Stonehaven’s seeks a qualified individual to conduct oral history interviews for a private family archives.
Salary and Work Schedule: $16 per hour, 8-10 hours a week. Schedule flexible to accommodate school schedule if currently a student. Work generally conducted offsite, with periodic meetings at office location. Hours of business generally between 10am to 4pm.
Job Location: Work site is located in Potomac, Maryland. Metro and bus services are available. Travel required.
Key Responsibilities: Working under the supervision of a member of the family office, the Oral Historian will schedule and conduct oral history interviews with identified family members and related individuals.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Currently pursuing or received Undergraduate or Graduate degree in History, or Museum Studies, with an emphasis in Oral History, or an ALA-accredited master’s degree in Library and Information Science or pursuing same
- Experience in planning projects, executing effectively, and meeting deadlines
- Experience conducting oral histories with a variety of individuals
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong and communication skills, orally and in writing
- Familiarity with Microsoft applications, such as Word, and Excel
- Familiarity with professional best practices and procedures
- Experience working with audio or video recording equipment
- Familiarity with recognizing and handling confidential information—social security numbers, phone numbers, etc.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references electronically to Scott Brannan, to: Scott@stonehavens.net
Date Posted: June 2, 2017
Application Deadline: June 16, 2017
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.