The Evening Circulation Supervisor handles all circulation activities; closes the library stacks and manages evening building security Sunday – Thursday; assists the Circulation & Student Supervisor, supervising part-time staff; assists with stacks management and resource sharing activities, as needed; and collects statistical data on circulation services. The Evening Circulation Supervisor reports to the Head of Access Services.
- Handles all circulation services in Mullen Library: borrowing, renewing, and processing returned materials; conducts searches and recalls for items not on the shelf; and collects fines and fees. With the Circulation & Student Supervisor, implements policies and procedures for circulation services, regularly reviews the policies and procedures, and recommends revisions. Closes the library and the stacks from Monday to Friday.
- Assists with on-site coordination of May Gallery events as necessary. Provides backup support for reserves, security desk, and other areas as needed.
- Assists Circulation & Student Supervisor in the following activities: training and on-site supervision, and scheduling of part-time circulation services employees and ensuring that training is successful and that all circulation services employees follow policies and procedures.
- Assists with stacks management, resource sharing, and other Access Services duties. Able to work a flexible schedule seven days a week.
- Collecting appropriate statistical data and incorporating it into monthly and annual written reports of Access Services activities.
Associate Degree with one (1) to two (2) years related library or customer service experience.
Knowledge of library functions and organization.
Knowledge of Library of Congress classification system.
Skill in using common computer applications (word processing software, spreadsheets, etc.)
Skill in communicating effectively with faculty, staff, students, and the public.
Skill in the use of library management systems desirable.
Demonstrated customer service skills.
Ability to pay attention to detail.
Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
Ability to collaborate with and motivate staff.
Ability to plan, organize, and manage.
To apply, please visit: