The Electronic Resources Specialist works independently within the Electronic Resources Management unit to provide support for discoverability and access for all of the library’s electronic resources, including journals, databases, e-books, and aggregator collections via the library’s Electronic Resources Management System, EZ Proxy server, and LibGuides. The position also supports Collection Managers with e-resources including trials, acquisitions, cancellations, manages the Summon interface as well as the internal electronic workflow system, and works with the Electronic Resources Management Unit to troubleshoot end-user access issues.
- The Electronic Resources Specialist reports directly to the Electronic Resources Librarian, along with the Electronic Resources Management Specialist
- This position also works as part of the Electronic Resources Management unit
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or the equivalent in education, training and experience working in libraries or organizations with a public service focus
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing programs, and the Internet
- Basic understanding of information technology systems, including networks and Internet browsers
- Initiative and desire to learn
- Availability on weekends
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with library resources, systems, and services, specifically library databases and electronic journal collections, link resolvers, ERMS, and library information technology
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email AsuccessfulU@american.edu.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively “Protected Bases”) in its programs and activities.