This position provides leadership, management and technical expertise for the library’s growing collection of electronic and print serial resources. This position leads and manages the Electronic Resources and Serials Unit which is responsible for managing the lifecycle of the Library’s collection of electronic resources and continuations including acquiring, renewing, licensing, preserving, budgeting, activates access via the Library’s Alma/Primo and related systems. Manages the library’s serials funds of approximately $5.7 million. Manages and maintains systems required for the uninterrupted access to these electronic resources to the university community. This position supervises and provides leadership to 3 FTE who provide support in fulfilling these responsibilities.
- Travel limited to attending conferences if library travel budget is available
- Leads and supervises the Electronic Resources Unit of 3 FTE
- Provides strategic planning for unit activities, initiates and coordinates projects and unit priorities
- Responsible for supervisory personnel activities including hiring, training, coaching, and performance evaluation
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Project Leader/Advisor B
- $65,884 – $73,328
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s degree, ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Alma, Primo, EZProxy, SUSHI, EDI, OpenURL/z39.50
- Demonstrated interest and ability for professional activities including conference attendance, presentations, and maintaining current understanding of trends and research in the area of electronic resource management
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, problem-solving, organization, and analytical skills
- Aptitude for detail-oriented work; ability to collect, analyze, manipulate, and provide meaningful interpretation of data using relational databases, spreadsheet and other tools
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Knowledgeable about the legal framework within which libraries operate
Preferred Education and Experience
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com.