LAC Group is seeking an experienced Digital Librarian to work for a major federal agency in Washington, DC. The selected candidate will prepare electronic copies of unemployment insurance agency historical material for posting to the internet. (S)he will also review existing digitized files (PDFs) and organize them in a logical directory by subject matter, perform quality review to ensure legibility and compatibility with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. This is a full-time, benefited position.
- Review the existing PDF files of the assorted documents and organizing them into electronic folders and sub-folders on specified network directories to prepare them for posting to the internet.
- Conduct a quality control review of the posted material on the test servers prior to the material being posted to the internet.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience performing tasks similar to those described above
- The ability to work collaboratively with Federal program staff to inform the development of contract deliverables
- Strong research, analysis, and organization skills
- Strong computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe products
- Demonstrated experience in developing and applying knowledge management and organizational practices, processes, and policies
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and successfully balance competing priorities and demands