Development Manager (Full-Time) – Charles County MD Public Library: La Plata Branch
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Development Manager will be responsible for encouraging the community to learn about, engage with, and invest in the Charles County Public Library’s mission through multi-tiered fundraising, grant writing, community relations and engagement, and resource/ donor development. The Development Manager will provide leadership on all fundraising initiatives including special events, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, donor cultivation and grant writing. S/he should be able to identify, organize and manage the fundraising activities of CCPL with a focus on new opportunities to obtain ongoing and increased support from corporations, public and private organizations, and individuals. S/he will work closely with the Executive Director to execute a comprehensive major gifts/development plan and strategy for CCPL to communicate the value of the library to the community and drive revenue growth.
1. Plans and implements a comprehensive Fundraising plan and strategy that incorporates fundraising goals, timelines, revenue forecasts and strategies for donor acquisition, corporate and foundation support, and special events.
2. Provides leadership, direction, and coordination for fundraising and revenue generating initiatives that support the CCPL Strategic Plan.
3. Works with the ED, staff, and board members in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of key donors, major gifts prospects and major capital campaign donors to increase donor participation in CCPL programs.
4. Plans, creates, executes and evaluates strategic and donor-focused fundraising campaigns and activities.
5. Develops and maintains close working relationships with the philanthropic community, individual and corporate donors, sponsors, board members and volunteers.
6. Researches, pinpoints, and manages potential grants/grantors.
7. Makes donor stewardship a priority through regular communication with donors, such as handwritten notes, emails and phone calls.
8. Designs and prepares development writing projects, from inception through delivery.
9. Assists in the development of the Development Department budget, including income and expenditure projections.
10. Compiles financial, statistical and informational reports (e.g. weekly, monthly, annual reports; incident, special event reports; etc.) as requested by the Executive Director.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in business, marketing, public relations, communications, or related field.
2. Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible non-profit development experience.
3. Experience developing and managing strategic fundraising/development plans and budgets.
4. Demonstrated experience developing successful community relationships, donor cultivation, fundraising events and revenue streams.
5. Experience working independently and collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
6. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
7. Grant writing experience.
8. Database creation or management experience.
9. Experience with fundraising software such as Bloomberg, Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, or similar is ideal.
Salary: $61,325 Closing Date: October 5, 2018 at 5 PM
Interested current Charles County Public Library staff should submit a Request for Transfer/Promotion found on the Extranet, Resume and Cover Letter to: Human Resources via email by the closing date.
External candidates should send application, resume and cover letter to Human Resources via email to email@example.com or send to the address below.
Garrett Ave. La Plata, MD 20646 ATTN: Marina Turner
Applications can be found on the Library’s website at www.ccplonline.org.
HR Note: Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide status updates. Each application is carefully reviewed. If you are selected for a phone or in person interview, you will be contacted directly by the Human Resources Department.
This entry was posted in Jobs
, MLIS Not Required
. Bookmark the permalink