ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY invites applications for the position of Custodian. AACPL’s 16 branches serve 573,000+ residents, with an annual circulation of over 5.2 million items. For more information about our services, visit our website at http://www.aacpl.net.
- CAREER STAFF – Custodian – Part-time
- Grade 6F – 18.75 to 20 hours/week – Multiple Openings
- Salary Range – $13,005 – $22,924
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: One year of general custodial experience and educational training that results in knowledge of simple arithmetic and a reading and writing level necessary for successful job performance; or an equivalent combination of experience and training that has provided the knowledge, abilities, and skills listed in the job description.
- RESPONSIBILITIES: This is manual work of limited complexity in cleaning and maintaining library buildings; caring for and maintaining grounds, including basic care of lawns and landscaping; exterior maintenance; and performing minor maintenance and repair tasks. As emergency personnel, provides assistance during building and weather emergencies, including snow and ice removal.
- Necessary Special Requirement: Possession of a valid non-commercial Class C motor vehicle operator’s license issued by the State of Maryland and proof of a good driving record.
- The Library reserves the right to not fill a position if there is not a qualified candidate.
- TO APPLY: Send cover letter, resume and completed AACPL Employment Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. To download the AACPL employment application form and job description (Library Information/ Job Announcement) visit our website at http://www.aacpl.net. All required application materials must be received no later than 4:00 p.m., February 25, 2020.
- TIMETABLE: Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted no later than February 28, 2020. Interviews will be tentatively scheduled during the week of March 9, 2020. Tentative start date will be late-March 2020.
Anne Arundel County Public Library is committed to diversity in the workplace. Anne Arundel County Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Library’s policy is to treat all applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national or ancestral origin, sexual orientation, and/or disability in accordance with applicable laws. If you need assistance with any aspect of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 410-222-7107, (www.mdrelay.org). February 2020