Consumer Health Librarian
- Require a library or information science degree.
- An understanding of the users of consumer-level health information and the importance of plain-language and clearly written materials.
- Knowledge of Health IT coding systems and comfort matching or relating clinical terms to terms for the health care consumer.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and organizational skills. Must be able to work both independently and as part of a motivated and productive team.
- Ability to follow rigorous and complex procedures.
- Must have close attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a database or content management system. Training in the system will be provided, but the individual must have a high comfort level with learning systems, inputting data, and searching or using other available tools from the system.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills.