The Judge Kathryn J. DuFour Law Library at The Catholic University of America School of Law seeks applicants for the position of Collection Services Librarian. The successful candidate will join an experienced, committed, and collegial library staff actively engaged in supporting law school programs, co-curricular activities and faculty scholarship. The position offers generous vacation, holiday and retirement benefits.
The Judge Kathryn J. DuFour Law Library is located on the campus of The Catholic University of America, the largest university campus in the District of Columbia, and a short Metro ride to downtown D.C. and Capitol Hill. The campus is ideally situated in the Brookland neighborhood of Washington, D.C., one of the most vibrant and exciting communities in the city.
- Manage all aspects of the library’s catalog and integrated library system (currently Sierra/Innovated Interfaces), including, but not limited to, updates, data indexing and monitoring system performance.
- Provide administration of the Library’s Electronic Resources Management systems.
- Manage receipt and processing of all library materials. Performing complex cataloging tasks and bibliographic problem-solving. Manage batch loading of catalog records. Establish guidelines and procedures for authorities maintenance and database quality control.
- Act as the liaison to vendors that provide resources to the library, and participate in license management and review.
- Help maintain statistical data for reporting purposes.
- Assist with budget management including the preparation of the annual budget; monitoring budget; and preparing budget projections.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates the Cataloging/Acquisitions Assistant.
Master’s of Library Science (M.L.S.) degree from an A.L.A. approved library school. Knowledge of cataloging principles, as well as knowledge of integrated cataloging systems. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships.
Preferred Qualifications: Two (2) years’ experience in an academic law library.
To apply, please go to the website: