LAC Federal is seeking a Collection Management Support for a major health library in the Washington, DC metro area. This is a long term full time (40 hour a week; Monday to Friday) benefited position.
- Provide physical collection management including shelving, shifting, collection inventory, and deselection efforts, as directed.
- Pickup and distribution of mail for Library staff daily. Includes hand delivery of rush items to administrative building as needed.
- Associate’s Degree from a recognized college or technical institute with 16 credits in library science or computer science
- 3 years relevant library experience
- Must have experience with collection management
- Has knowledge of library techniques, systems and procedures
- Some knowledge of sources of reference on bibliographical material
- Ability to use and explain the library facilities, including catalogs and other reference aids
- Ability to deal effectively with volunteers and non-professional staff in instructing them in the use of the library
- Ability to present ideas effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with personnel of the institution.
Apply online at: https://goo.gl/MHNSuA
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions and prominent government agencies.