Position type: Full-time
Hours per week: 37.50
Salary range: $51,445 – $85,684
Possession of a Master’s Degree in Library Science from an American Library Association-accredited program plus three years professional-level library experience in collection development including one year supervisory responsibility.
Necessary Special Requirements: Ability to secure certification as a Professional Public Librarian in the State of Maryland within 120 days following appointment; ability to meet re-certification requirements by completing 90 contact hours of continuing education every 5 years.
Planning and carrying out activities related to system-wide materials selection and to the overall management of the system’s print and media collections. Administrative work such as reporting and recordkeeping, participating in formulating and executing goals and objectives, and participating in tasks and projects with other members of the Support Services Department.
- Experience identifying, evaluating and selecting materials for children, young adults, or adults in a variety of formats for a diverse community.
- Comprehensive knowledge of literature and films for children, young adults, or adults.
- Strong computer skills; including the analysis of data sets and familiarity with Acquisitions module of an integrated library system.
Send cover letter, resume and completed AACPL Employment Application Form to Terry Bowen, Chief of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org
All required application materials must be received no later than :
Tuesday, June 13, 2017 – 4:00pm
Timetable for filling vacancies:
- Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted no later than: Friday, June 16, 2017
- Interviews will be conducted during the week of : Monday, June 19, 2017
- Estimated target start date is the pay period beginning : Sunday, July 9, 2017
Anne Arundel County Public Library is committed to diversity in the workplace. Anne Arundel County Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Library’s policy is to treat all applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, marital status, national or ancestral origin, sexual orientation, and/or disability in accordance with applicable laws. If you need assistance with any aspect of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office (410-222-7107).