Join the vibrant, community-minded team at Frederick County Public Libraries! We are seeking a creative, energetic, and visionary Children’s Supervisor for our Central Branch in Downtown Frederick. Located in West-Central Maryland between Washington D.C. and Baltimore, FCPL is a rapidly developing system. By facilitating the public’s freedom to explore, invent, and transform, FCPL connects people to ideas and to each other, helping to foster individual and community growth. This professional management position assures that children, their families and caregivers experience the joy of reading in a friendly, creative and dynamic Children’s Department.
Salary: $51,062.00 – $61,274.00 Annually
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Master of Library Science (MLS) degree from an American Library Association accredited program
- Minimum 3 years of professional or para-professional library work experience that includes at least 2 years in Children’s Services
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a supervisory and/or lead capacity role Professional Public Librarian certification from the Maryland State Department of Education or ability to obtain this certification within 6 months after hire with MLS degree, current certification must then be maintained
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of professional or para-professional library work experience that includes at least 2 years in Children’s Services
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a supervisory and/or lead capacity role
- Ability to obtain and maintain Library Associate certification from the MD State Department of Education, plus willingness and ability to attend training sessions as applicable
- NOTE: A related Master’s degree may substitute for a portion of the professional or para-professional library work experience
For complete job description and to apply visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/frederickmd?
Deadline to apply: 4:00 pm October 10, 2018.