LAC Group is seeking Cataloging Specialists to work for a major Federal Library in the Washington, DC Area supporting a team of librarians and library technicians. The Cataloging Specialist will provide support in resolving complex cataloging and metadata issues across numerous material types including monographs, serials, and special collections as required. Staff members will be expected to be able to independently catalog monographs serials following LC Classification, AACR2 Rev’d, and RDA. This will include both original and copy cataloging. In addition, staff will create and/or update holding records and item records, utilize cataloging tools and utilities, verify shelf listing and perform authority control.
- At least 2 years independently providing full level original and copy cataloging of monographs and continuing resources
- Reading knowledge of European language sufficient to identify key cataloging elements
- Familiarity with OCLC Bibliographic utilities and ILS cataloging modules (experience with Voyager is a plus)
- Ability to explain bibliographic/inventory policies to others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of RDA, AACR2, MARC21 and LC Classification
LAC Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values diversity in the workforce.
LAC Group is a premier provider of recruiting and consultancy services for information professionals at U.S. and global organizations including Fortune 100 companies, law firms, pharmaceutical companies, large academic institutions, National Libraries and prominent government agencies.