LAC Group is seeking a Cataloging Clerk to work at a major Federal library in the Washington, DC area to work in a high volume production environment working with catalog records. Must have strong computer skills and familiarity with library cataloging standards and procedures. Must be able to follow detailed, complex instructions for processing a wide variety of material. The work will be performed on site. This is a long-term (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefited contract position.
- Broad subject knowledge and experience with bibliographic catalog records
- Familiarity with LC Classification, AACR2, and MARC as well as familiarity with RDA and DCRM(B)
- Experience with Integrated Library Systems (especially Voyager) in creating, editing, and search bibliographic records
- Ability to meet production quotas and deadlines
- Experience searching library catalog databases such as OCLC or Voyager
- Familiarity or knowledge of one or more Romance and other European languages is a plus
To apply please visit: