Job Description Summary
Montgomery College, Rockville campus, has an immediate need for a Full time Campus Access Services Supervisor. The Montgomery College Library facilitates student success by collaborating with the College community in the creation and delivery of innovative services in a culture of excellence and accountability. The work schedule is Monday – Friday 8:30-5:00. The position (S03164/R2090) is a Non Bargaining, Exempt, Grade 23. For non-exempt positions, you are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College.
This position provides oversight to access services on one campus. The Campus Access Services Supervisor is responsible for ensuring effective service-oriented management of access services, managing the daily operations of the service desk including extended hours operations, contributing to long term planning of circulation, information services, course reserves, stacks management, routing user IT support, fines and fees, and assuring facility maintenance and security in addition to making recommendations to improve the quality of services and contributes to and participates in collegewide library planning and decision making.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages and schedules the service desk operations and related services at the Rockville Campus.
- Supervises, coaches, mentors, trains, and evaluates the performance of five access services specialists and nine student employees.
- Assures a common employee experience for library employees and a common patron experience for library users.
- Assures standardized procedures and practices are followed for in-person and virtual services.
- Interprets and communicates MC and library policies, procedures, processes and practices; makes appropriate referrals, mediates and follows up on issues that arise.
- Works collaboratively with other College units to coordinate complementary student support services.
- Participates in assessment activities within the division. Assures that statistics are gathered and reported.
- With the Access Services Associate Director and other Access Services Supervisors plans for and implements improvements to the library aesthetics, furniture and space planning.
- Collaborates with Public Safety and Emergency Management and Facilities to assure a safe and secure environment.
- Collaborates on system implementations, system upgrades, catalog maintenance projects, patron database management and other technology initiatives necessary for Access Services.
- Manages student employee and supplies budgets and assures sound stewardship of allocated funds.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Three years of experience working in access services, including public services, in an academic library; including one year in an access services supervisory position.
- Skill in effective oral and written communication; customer service; supervisory techniques; and Microsoft Office suite and computer hardware and software used in access services.
- Ability to work with an integrated library management system and keep abreast of access services trends.
- Ability to supervise staff; coordinate services with other library and academic areas; plan and evaluate services; and resolve problems related to day-to-day access services.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Experience with Voyager ILS, ILLiad, ARES, Pharos, Gimlet and/or Springshare software.
- Experience with configuring, testing and releasing access services systems (ex: interlibrary loan, course reserves, integrated library systems).
- Click Here to apply online
- Online applications must be received by February 28, 2020
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
- Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Friday, February 28, 2020