Bridging the Spectrum:
The Tenth Annual Symposium on Scholarship and Practice
Friday, February 2, 2018
9:45 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Great Room, Pryzbyla Student Center
Catholic University of America
The Department of Library and Information Science, Catholic University of America requests proposals for the Tenth Annual “Bridging the Spectrum” Symposium!
The Symposium offers a knowledge-sharing forum and meeting place for practitioners, students, and faculty in all sectors of Library and Information Sciences and Services. Your participation is the key to making it happen!
Proposed contributions may be for any one of three formats:
- Briefings: 15-20 minute descriptions of an innovative practice, initiative, or research activity. There will morning and afternoon briefing sessions.
- Posters: exhibits describing a practice, project, or research activity. Posters will be viewable throughout the day, and there will be a dedicated poster session as well as a “lightning round” of poster descriptions.
- Panels: discussions of a single topic by a series of speakers, typically 1 hour in length.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- Trends and developments information organization
- Progress in digital preservation
- Innovative service modes
- Social media, marketing, and advocacy for library services
- Managing library and information services
- Management and analysis of data and information
- Proposal Submissions Open:July 15, 2017
- Proposals Due: September 16, 2017
- Notification of Acceptances: November 3, 2017
- Final Program released, registration opens: December 11, 2017
- Symposium: February 2, 2018
To submit your proposal, go to http://cuaslis.org/openconf/ .
More information about the 10th Annual Symposium is available at http://lis.cua.edu/symposium/2018/. Overviews of past symposia are available on the Symposium website at http://lis.cua.edu/symposium/ .
Questions may be directed to the Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Symposium Committee (Dr. Renate Chancellor, Dr. Ingrid-Hsieh-Yee, Dr. Sung Un Kim).