Bridging the Spectrum: The Fifth Annual Symposium on Scholarship and Practice will take place Friday, February 1, 2013, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Great Room, Pryzbyla Student Center, Catholic University of America.
The Bridging the Spectrum Symposium offers a knowledge-sharing forum and meeting place for practitioners, students, and faculty in Library and Information Sciences and Services.
Presentations on innovative practices and initiatives as well as research studies are encouraged. Presentations may originate from any type of library, archive, or information services activity, and may encompass any aspect of Library and Information Professional work. Our aim is to host a diverse set of presentations and to foster connections across the spectrum of the information professions.
Proposed contributions may be for any one of three formats:
- Briefings: 15-minute descriptions of an innovative practice, initiative, or research activity. There will morning and afternoon briefing sessions.
- Posters: exhibits describing a practice, project, or research activity. Posters will be viewable throughout the day, and there will be a dedicated poster session.
- Panels: discussions of a single topic by a series of speakers, typically 30 minutes to 1 hour in length.
Suggested themes include, but are not limited to:
- Trends and developments information organization
- Digital preservation
- Innovative service modes
- Social media, marketing, and advocacy for library services
- Managing library and information services
- Management and analysis of data and information
- Proposal Submissions Open: July 26, 2012
- Proposals Due: September 14, 2012
- Notification of Acceptances: November 16, 2012
- Final Program Abstracts Due: December 7, 2012
- Symposium: February 1, 2013
To submit your proposal, go to http://cuaslis.org/openconf/.
Program details will be available on the Symposium website in the near future. Information on past Symposia is available at http://slis.cua.edu/symposium/.
Questions may be directed to the Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.