Chase Cost Management (CCM), a division of LAC Group, seeks a Business Data Analyst to work in their office in New York, NY. The objective of this role is to provide data analysis and reporting support. The individual serves as the primary professional support role for the managers and executives of CCM and between clients, when applicable. The analyst will work with available data and translate into English, useful metrics and summaries that will support our recommendation to clients, assist in making better business decisions, etc. The individual will be providing strong analytical and reporting support to the consulting team, using excel, Qlik (BI tool) and other data management tools.
The candidate works directly with the Manager of Research Consulting and Vice President of Legal Research to understand the division’s business environment and needs. He or she identifies and documents relevant project documents and related data to project, process and specification details.
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases
- Performs detailed analysis of database usage, survey data and draw conclusions; translate the data into an understandable document
- Understands business context, problems and communicates them clearly in written and oral format.
- Helps maintain records for all active projects and implements archival processes for completed work.
- Provides additional support for basic client related inquiries for the Legal Research Consulting Division when management is unavailable.
- Documents meeting minutes and action items for internal and client related projects.
- Performs data entry and corrections of data in CCM systems.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy, timeliness, and completion of all tasks that support the CCM program.
- Support the development and monitoring of the CCM program results and dashboards to clients and CCM.
- Work with the team to support the development of operational measures, targets, and thresholds that would be useful to report to Client, derived from our data
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2-4 years of experience in documenting business and data requirements for consulting, legal or corporate development projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Stats, Business, Economics, Finance or Accounting.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including data analysis, pivot table, and chart creation and ability to generate simple to mid-level Microsoft SQL queries.
- Math skills to estimate numerical data.
- Knowledge of Qlik (BI tool) is preferred.
- Project or delivery management experience supporting business intelligence, data mining and/or data consolidation preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong written, verbal presentation skills and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to meet tight project deadlines.
- Knowledge of corporate and legal research platforms (Westlaw, Lexis, CapIQ, Bloomberg) is desirable.
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/tvaZrZ